- Boost >= 1.46
- Eigen >= 3.0
- FLANN >=1.7.1
- vtk >= 5.6
You can install FLANN using synaptic package manager or install it manually. I install it using a synaptic package manager. The package name is libflann-dev.
You can install VTK using synaptic package manager or install it manually. I install it using a synaptic package manager. The package name is libvtk-dev.
QT vtk installation
USB 1.0 installation
To install PCL, I download a source files from http://pointclouds.org/downloads/. You can follow the following steps:
- Extract a tarball file.You will get a folder PCL-1.6.0-Source.
- I create a folder named “release” inside PCL-1.6.0-Source directory to store the compiled library files.
- Go to “release” folder and run a command
- cmake-gui ..
- On a CMake-gui window, you have to click “configure” and then, if everything is OK, click “generate”.
- Compile source code by using
- Install library by using
- sudo make install
I tried to compile PCL-1.6.0 but there are some problems with linked libraries. However, the PCL-1.6rc1 checked out from http://svn.pointclouds.org/pcl/tags/pcl-1.6.0rc1/ can be compiled successfully.
Enjoy PCL. 🙂